Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag

I am doing this as my weekly link-up with the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish who host this little get together.

This week the topic is the top ten books that will be in my beach bag and I am excited for this topic. As a person who resembles a vampire when they meet sunlight (the real kind not the ones that sparkle) most of my beach trip is spent cowering under any type of shade that I can find. Which means that reading becomes just about the only thing that I can do. So here it goes the top ten books that I feel would find their way into my beach bag. (And by beach I mean that I will be sitting on my back porch in my lawn chair while my dog splashes in a kiddie pool. Broke as a joke people). I have kept my list to books that I actually own in an attempt to dwindle down my TBR pile.

1) Anything by Stephanie Perkins

I read Anna and the French Kiss this past month and I actually really enjoyed it. Light, funny, a little bit of romance what more could you possibly need? When I am on vacation I do not want to be reading books that will ruin my mood.

2) Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

A book about a road trip while I am on a road trip just seems like something I would be into to. Even if the road trip just consists of me walking back and forth between the kitchen and the back porch I will read this book while I walk. A dangerous game to play for sure!

3) Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

I have been wanting to read this book for ages but I have been waiting for warmer weather. There is just something about sitting outside in the warm sun and reading a contemporary book that sounds like heaven on earth.

4) Legend by Marie Lu

This is probably more for the car ride there or at night when I am reading before bed. It seems like it will be a really great series and I have been wanting to read it.

5) The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Place on Earth by Eric Weiner

This just seems like a really funny book and I want to laugh and just be happy when I am on vacation at my own personal back porch beach. I plan to find bliss there with a glass of ice cold Mountain Dew and maybe a peach margarita or you know like five of those.

6) This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

A book that has happy in it's name can only function to lift my mood. There will be no sad books on my vacation.

7) Any book by Rainbow Rowell

I read Fangirl last year and I thoroughly enjoyed it. That book documented my life and now I want to see what other wonders her novels hold.

8) The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Making by Catherynne M. Valente

This is a fantasy novel but after all of the fluffy light-hearted contemporaries on my list I will be needing some fantasy in my life. No matter how I try I just can't stay away.

9) Mr. Penumbra's 24- Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan

I actually just bought this book earlier in the book but it has been on my radar for a while now. There is just something about reading a book that is centered around reading, people who love reading, and bookstores that just intrigues me to no end.

10) The Secret Confessions of Anne Shakespeare by Arliss Ryan

Shakespeare is my life! So it is only a natural progression that my obsession should extend to other members of the family. I cannot wait to read this book. Hopefully this will happen in the next month. :) I just need some Shakespeare in my life.

That is it! The top ten books that would be in my beach bag. Let me know if any of these are on your radar in the comments.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment